Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Red Break-Feast

The Lunar flow last night from YogaDownload.com as part of Trina's 31 Day Yoga Challenge was a boon in a time I needed it. After getting testy with my husband, I turned on the 20 minute session and chilled right out- he appreciated that. Even after snapping his head off before the session, he sat watching me twist and unwind and said "You look so beautiful doing that"...how awesome is he?
My break-feast (like my new word?) this morning ran along my favourite color theme-Red! Color of passion, boldness, and the Chinese flag (word to my homeland- hahaha). My nails are even bright red right now. Break-feast was a 6 egg white omlette with red peppers and tomato, sauteed with Lee Kum Kee's chili garlic sauce and a little ketchup to top. Followed by my bowl of grains including ground rice, flax and Chia flour (I'll review the flour soon). I also had a mug of my favourite Guyaki Choclate Mate tea.
My mid-morning snack was a 1/2c beans and rice topped with bbq sauce; you can see a little frost in the picture because it came out of the freezer before making it into my lunch.
A butter-lettuce salad with ground turkey and salsa, with an apple for dessert was lunch.
I love cottage cheese! My dad used to put Kraft's onion soup mix into it as a cracker dip when we were young. Now I can't have the crackers or the dip mix, but the cottage cheese still brings back memories of Dad and us kids. I also enjoyed the crunch of my fresh vegetable medley (about 6oz of combined carrots, broccoli and tomaotoes).
Almost-Chicken, Mushroom Alfredo was for supper. Spaghetti squash tossed with pesto, garlic sauteed with chicken and mushrooms. Add a couple tablespoons of fat free plain yogurt for a creamy texture.
Fresh Today: Training
20 minutes core yoga from YogaDownload.com: a beginner level class that requires one to use a lot of upper body and core strength, combined with leg lengthening and toning expansions. The back bends at the end really stretch your spine. I will purchase their 90 minute class to use as strength training in the future.
What healthy food brings back childhood memories or feelings for you?

No comments: