Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fresh Weekly: Meals

So my new favourite thing is doing my grains on the stovetop- it's so much easier to watch them bubble and boil while I make our eggs than to keep an eye on both the microwave and the stovetop. The texture is creamier and they are much reduced in size so I don't feel like I'm eating way too much. Not sure why they seem larger with the same measured portions when cooked in the microwave. Anyway, here are what my meals looked like this week:

6 egg white omlette with vegetables, 1/8c creamy rice cereal with 1/2 banana, 1 mug hot tea (in this picture it's coffee as I treated myself to one).
My mid-morning meal was the same as ever- 1/2c beans and rice combination (no picture.)
My lunches are fresh and juicy as I'm trying to convince spring to come out, come out, wherever you are!!!
Meal 4 or afternoon snack was my beloved 1/2c cottage cheese sided by fresh vegetables (about 1 1/2c or 6oz).
Finishing off the day with a warm meal is so satisfying. I've also gotten in the habit of making tea the second I walk in the door from work to ward off the post-work anxiety snacking one can do between getting off work and making supper. Supper was a variation of the combination of lean protein (chicken breast or white fish) with vegetables. This time I sauteed my vegetables, and then added soup base to make a bowl of soup, sided by some interesting Kimchai or Chinese broccoli.
That's a fresh summary of what I'm eating, or roundabouts, this week.

No comments: