Monday, March 9, 2009

Fresh Today: Meals and Training

Welcome this week! I'm so glad to see you.
I started the morning off by sleeping in an extra 20 mins, so I just about forwent my yoga for the day but reconsidered when I realized I won't be home until 9pm tonight. urgh. So I did the 20 minute Heart Opening flow (intermediate level 2-3). I really liked it and think I will purchase the longer versions of both this one, and the morning flow since I want to support YogaDownload.com as much as possible.
For breakfast it was super pancakes as they are quicker to make and eat than my omlette and hot rice cereal. No pics, but you can see them here from last week.
Post workout I had my balancing Kitcheree (rice and mung beans) and a gala apple.
I was out for a client meeting over lunch, so I didn't get to photograph the house side salad and grilled chicken breast with oil and vinegar.
For my afternoon snack I enjoyed 1/2c 1% cottage cheese and about 6oz of fresh crudites (broccoli, cherry tomatoes, carrots, peppers) with 1Tbsp salad dressing for dip.
Supper was at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant, "A Touch of Ginger" in Kensington; we used to live in this hip little artsy area and would go without fail every Thursday night just me and my husband. They got to know our names and our order never changed, so they had it hot for us just about immediately after we got in. We go less now since we bought in another area of the city, but they still know our names and we're happy to catch up with them whenever we get to.
When we got home from a meeting last night at around 930pm I was hungry and so had 1/2c plain non-fat Astro BioBest yogurt with 2Tbsp vanilla protein powder and a dash of cinnamon.
Training Summary:
20 min Heart Opening flow yoga (Ashtanga)
30 min uphill treadmill light jog

Oh and another note to my awesome husband- thanks darling for the new suit! Definitely helped hit the client meeting out of the park today- I'm so grateful. Love.

No comments: