Thursday, March 12, 2009

Presto Pesto!

Just finished my 40 min fitness class- today we did everything from aerobic drills, weighted upper and lower body work, including handweights, bosu balls and elastic tubing. We get a lot done in 40 minutes! Lunch greeted me when I returned to the office: Balsamic glazed salmon (about 3oz) and 1.5c Pesto'd Squash, and cantaloupe for my post-workout glucose. This was a pesto week because I had a ton of fresh basil and garlic to use up. So I grabbed Choppy (my food processor) and stuffed it full of basil leave, 4 cloves of garlic, a couple tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2c pecans (I don't like pine-nuts) and 1/2c light parmesean cheese. After several go-rounds I had about 1.5c fresh pesto to use on everything this week.Breakfast after my 20 min Morning Flow from YogaDownload.com was the regular omlette/fritatta and creamy rice + grains spread.
At about 1000am I got to my beans/rice combo topped with salsa today. Have to keep eating at regular intervals to hopefully convince my metabolism to begin working again (after a long long 10 months of recovery from my fitness competition).
This afternoon will feature my lovely crisp crudites starring tomatoes, broccoli, carrots and yellow peppers with balsamic vinaigrette for flavour. Sided by my cottage cheese (1/2c) sprinkled with cinnamon.
No pictures of supper tonight- it was the same as last night- squash, mushrooms, chicken and pesto!
So the standard 5 meals, between 200-300 calories with the exception of breakfast being more. No snacking at night; fill that need with hot tea or diet soda instead. Making sure I get at least 4L of water in me. I'm feeling good and didn't hate my reflection in the mirror at class today.

No comments: