Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Rest Day


It's driving me mad not working out at all today- stark raving lunatic mad. I feel gittery and expectant- like I'm waiting for something that will not happen. I have yet to completely accept the value in a rest day but I trust the advice I've received about taking days off and so will not work out.
I am tempted to decrease my calorie intake, to make up for the fact that I won't be burning as much today as I'm used to- but that is not healthy. I'm sticking to my meal plan, so my body knows what nutrients to expect day to day and won't go into panic-starving-fat storing mode.

So it's more of a mental challenge. I left my gym bag at home, complete with my ipod, Garmin, socks and gym clothes. If I had brought it, I would have said *&%^ and just gone to the gym, or headed out for a run. I also packed my meals for the day carefully and thoughtfully, making sure I packed ALL of the prescribed food, though I was tempted to leave a carb meal at home.

I'm skeptical of course and if I didn't know my nutritionist so well, I probably would have scoffed at the idea of working out less, and eating more to control my metabolism.

No comments: