Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Diet Coke Marinated Chicken Breasts



So I ran across a recipe forum that talked about marinating chicken in Diet Coke, but no one posted a recipe. I thought I'd try it out- there is no shortage of Diet Coke at our place. Diet soda really helped curb sweet cravings while I was dieting for the show; I've since cut back to maybe one a week, but we've got a lot left over.



Diet Coke Chicken Breasts

8 chicken breasts

2 cans diet coke

1Tbsp grated fresh ginger

1 Tbsp sesame oil

1/4c soy sauce

Dump all ingredients into a large freezer ziploc bag, or marinating container of your choice (I have a nice tupperware meat marinator). Stir or swish until well combined, add chicken. Refridgerate at least 8 hours. Remove chicken breasts from marinade and place on broiler or grill. If broiling in oven, cook at 350F for 25-30 min (depending on the size of your breasts :)) and if on the grill, about 6 min per side.

I make a bulk pack every Sunday, chop into slices as you can see and put in salads, on top of rice or in wraps over the week.



No comments: