Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Treats on the Weekend


I remember watching an episode of cribs on MTV (junk TV I know) where Harley Pasternak guru of the 5 factor diet had hid his Kraft cheese from the cameras, but admitted to having it in the house just so that the viewers knew he was 'human'. He is in impecable shape, and his clients are too. His job is to look great, as his body is his best marketing tool. So if he can hide a little Kraft cheese, and 'fess up to being human then I'm going to 'fess up too.
This weekend I didn't stick to my meal plan, I ate less than I planned and ended up getting too hungry and filling myself with cookies and candy instead of my planned wholesome food. The results are feeling embarassed and disappointed- even afraid of looking in the mirror, getting dressed and going out in public. That is how important it is to stay on track, but to be kind to myself. Planning one enjoyable meal, so I don't feel deprived is essential every week, rather than letting it go by the wayside for friends and familie's ideas of enjoyable. Also important is having those wholesome foods prepared and neatly packaged for easy access. That said, it was just as easy for me to grab yams and chicken breast as it was for me to grab monster cookies and almond rocca this weekend, so a real hard look at the way that food makes me feel is key in keeping on track.
So my schedule this week is gentle and kind, so guilt does not take over.
Tuesday: AM- sleep in PM-40 min fitness class
Wednesday: AM-Leg/Glute pilates work PM-30 min treadmill cardio
Thursday: AM-Cardio pilates work PM- 40 min fitness class
Friday: AM- Arms/Back/Chest/Legs pilates work PM-30 min treadmill cardio
Saturday: AM- Dance cardio (45min) PM- Power yoga
Sunday: Burlesquercise (90 min)

My planned menu this week:
Breakfast: 6 egg whites, 1/2c veggies, 1/4c creamy rice cereal, 2Tbsp raisins
Brunch: 3oz chicken breast, 1/2c brown rice, 2Tbsp condiment (BBQ, ketchup etc)
Lunch: 3oz ground turkey in turkey-vegetable chili
Afternoon snack: 30z chicken breast or 1 small can tuna, 1c raw carrots, 2Tbsp condiments
Supper: 3oz chicken breast or white fish, 1c vegetables
Post-workout: 1 apple in addition to planned meal after 2nd workout

No comments: