Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mathematically the Most Depressing Day of 2009

I said to a coworker yesterday who was a little down about not keeping her New Year's resolutions to lose weight that "You can exercise, and diet all you want, but if you're stressed you won't lose a pound"- good advice- I should listen to myself speak; the rare occasion I come up with gems- rarely.
She wasn't the only one feeling blue yesterday- apparently a lot of people were! Mathematically, it was determined to be the most depressing day of the year. Using functions like "fading Christmas memories, cold weather and broken New Years resolutiotns" the Dr. Cliff Aranall created a formula which spits out a calendar date which we may be blue; and more likely to eat a huge bowl of ice cream, or a couple pills or pints to soothe ourselves. Experts also said people are more likely to call in sick as seasonal illnesses peak.
How did you feel yesterday?

Staving off the blues, I stuck to my healthy lifestyle plan today: Fresh Today- Meals and Training
500am: 45 min Dance cardio
700am: 6 egg whites, 1/4 tomato, 1c spinach, 1/4 red pepper omlette, 1/4c creamy rice cereal, 2T salba, 2T flax, 1T coconut oil, 2T raisins, splenda, cinnamon
1000am: 3oz chicken breast, 1/2c brown rice
1210-1250: 40 min fitness class, weights and cardio
100pm: 1.5c turkey vegetable soup, 1 small apple
400pm: 3oz chicken breast, 6oz raw organic baby carrots, 2 T salsa
700pm: (planned) beef tenderloin stir fry (3oz beef, 1c vegetables)
Some partners are flying in from Colorado tonight, and I'm on the clock until Saturday at 7pm- calling on my stamina and health to get me through early mornings, on course and late nights entertaining my partners in my great city.

No comments: