Saturday, April 17, 2010

Weekly Nutrition

This is a treat I had this morning, half a gluten free bagel with yogurt-cheese sweetened with agave nectar and cinnamon. The recipe for that is on it's way!
But my week broke down into this daily:
Breakfast: Greenie Smoothie (spinach, frozen berries, banana, water)
Mid-Morning: 1/2c oats, raisins
Lunch: Salad, 1/2c rice and beans
Mid-Afternoon: 2c raw vegetables (mostly broccoli and carrots) and hummus (less than 1/4c)
Supper: Big Salad! (includes 1/2 avocado, sunflower seeds, spinach, lettuce and other random veg)
Post-Workout (usually after my second workout at 1030am)- 1/2 serving Vega Whole Health Optimizer plain flavour.

Saturday's I've noticed I eat a little differently because of the convinience of being close to my kitchen and all my fresh vegetables. It's not a 'cheat day', but it is a 'flex day'- straying slightly from my 'plan' you can see above, but adhering to the core of my philosophy on food- fun and fresh! So here is another example of a sampling platter I made for myself yesterday. And, it was my first patio meal of the year! Hurrah!
On the plate is an assortment of veggies, some fresh grapes, gluten-free seed crackers and hummus. Accompanied by 0 calorie (my vice, diet drinks) black cherry soda water, Body+Soul and Clean Eating mags...and SUNSHINE! Sun makes everything taste better.

No comments: