Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Leaning Program- 2 weeks

Image from vanuatu vacations
In 2 weeks time, I'll be sitting on a beach much like this one. And although I'm packing my bikinis, this leaning out (or cutting) program is not designed to 'cut' anything from me. I don't want to restrict my diet, and I don't have time to be a fiend on the treadmill for hours; I don't want to cut my freedom and peaceful state of mind. I want to remain as I am but bring a heightened awareness to my daily eating and workout program over the next two weeks. As a result, I will lean out- but to shed fat is not the primary intention, it is simply a by-product.
Here is my plan:
Nutrition- no alcohol, no eating after supper
Exercise-add an additional hot yoga class each week, continue regular schedule
Strength of Mind-(the most important concept in any leaning program) meditation every morning

Simple, isn't it? It's about the intention and purpose of the next weeks. To remain in a healthy schedule, not pressure myself towards one end and create stress. Change your mind, and you will change your body.
When I am laying on my lounger in the sand, I want to have the peace of mind to know that my body is the healthiest and cleanest it can be. I want the confidence to walk around in my tank tops and shorts knowing I did everything I could to remain healthy and happy. I don't want to arrive at the resort spent from over-exercising and crash dieting, in a damaging state of mind from the pressure of 'cutting'. Neither do I want to arrive wishing I had cleaned my system out before the resort's indulgences. So I'm following a consistent, clean diet and exercise program, similar to what I already do- and will enter my vacation in two weeks time in a completely confident and clean state, both physically and mentally.

No comments: