Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Week 2- Workouts

Oh it's been a good week so far! I began the week with a pair of really sore legs from home renos over the weekend, hence the Hatha yoga instead of a Power yoga flow on Sunday. It's so important to choose an activity that meets your body's needs at the moment of activity. Don't force anything, but let yourself be inspired and challenged. Being in tune with your body's requirements does not mean losing the edge of a hard workout.

Again, my activity plan this week includes at least 5 days of cardio, and at least 5 days of strength training (body weight and hand weights).

Sunday: 40 min incline treadmill walk, 30 min Hatha Yoga
Monday: 30 min Heart Opening Flow, 30 min incline treadmill walk
Tuesday: 30 min Baptiste Power Yoga Flow
Wednesday: 30 min Yoga With Weights, 30 min bike (in prep for my spinning class that starts next week!)
Thursday: 30 min Hip Opening Yoga, 30 min incline treadmill walk, 20 min bike intervals (a friend joined me in the gym and pushed me HARD!)
Friday: 45 min pilates/cardio blend DVD, 30 min Heart Opening Flow yoga
Saturday: 90 min Baptiste Vinyasa Flow (A new voyage out into the public session yoga world- wish me no embarrassment on the mat!)

I am starting to attend yoga sessions in addition to my home practice; I want to start learning from other people, different styles, and tips on alignment which I can't do on my own.

What kind of classes are you taking this winter? Any really interesting new classes out there (Zumba?)?

No comments: