Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Relax!

I am taking the savvy advice from my friends on Bodybuilding.com and taking a week off of training. If I had my way, it would be a week off in that tranquil setting above, but meh- a girls gotta pay the bills. I'm already noticing that my temper is shorter and I have energy to burn- anxious energy I normally get out in the gym. I'm also sooooo not hungry- I get to my planned meals and sigh *eat again?*. My diet is perfectly clean; it has to be with no training. Even so, I'm getting about 1900cal/day, which is quite a bit. Here's the breakdown:
Meal 1: 6 egg whites, 1/2c GF oats with splenda and cinnamon/ginger/nutmeg
Meal 2: 3oz tuna, 1c fresh blueberries, 1Tbsp Kraft Sundried Tomatoe Low-fat dressing
Meal 3: 3oz chicken breast grilled (plain), 1/3c lentils+rice, 1Tbsp ketchup
Meal 4: 3oz turkey burger, 8oz raw carrots, 3Tbsp salsa
Meal 5: 3oz chicken breast grilled (plain), 6oz steamed broccoli, 1Tbsp dijon mustard
Meal 6: 1/2c plain, non-fat yogurt with 1 scoop Optimum Whey Vanilla Ice Cream protein.
Yes, I have changed back to whey protein from soy protein after emailed Optimum Nutrition and inquired about their Gluten Free status. They were happy to provide information about their products, and said that all of their protein powder is gluten free- except Cookies&Cream which has actual cookies in the protein mix. My taste buds are re-adjusting to the whey flavour as I got to really enjoy soy.
Let's hope this period of rest heals my pinched nerve and weakened knees and restores my drive for training. Oh- and let's hope that one day, I can lounge in that fab spa (this girl can dream!)

No comments: