Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tres Leche







Inspired by my upcoming trip to Mexico, I made a tres leche cake last weekend for my sister. Her fiance loves chocolate cake so I used a chocolate cake mix as the base. I made this after an evening in the pub with a few good friends, so it's not as stylized as it could be, but oh well. It tasted rather stylish! I served each slice with a big dollup of fresh whip cream.



I got the recipe from here. Ed is a fantastic food bloggie and his cake looks so pretty. This cake is easy to make, and is fresh and cool for a spring party. I prefer the vanilla version, but this chocolate one turned out just perfect for the occasion.
As you can see, there is quite a bit of liquid for one cake, it took several different 'pouring sessions' to get it all in the cake pan. I had to wait until the cake absorbed some of the liquid before I could pour more- it would have overflowed the pan.

On a healthier note, I finished a 60 min jog this am, then another 30 min incline walk at the gym after training legs. Sticking to my meal plan today and feeling good about the beach in mexico!

No comments: