Monday, May 5, 2008

Meat Muffin

Meat Muffin:
1 lb lean ground turkey breast
2 c shredded carrot
2 egg whites (if using egg white substitute, 4 Tbsp)
1/8 c slow-cooking oatmeal
3 Tbsp fave condiment (BBQ sauce, salsa, mustard -as you like it)
S & P
Get your hands dirty! Put all in a bowl and mash around until mixed. Use a non-stick muffin tin; fill with meat mixture to top, can round the top to look similar to a small muffin. Bake at 350 F for 40min or until tops are browned and interior is no longer pink. Lift out to cool so they won't stick. In a standard muffin tin (not texas size, nor miniature) this will give you about 3.2 oz protein.
I paired mine with a 1/2c of couscous/lentil mixture and carrot sticks for a meal this week. Handier than slicing a meatloaf and easier than forming burgers or meatballs- just pop into a baggie or container.

Training today has not yet been completed; well my morning run has- 30 min jog to awaken my mind and body. After my business lunch today I will head to the gym for legs and another 30 min cardio-this time walking on an incline to tone up the tush.
Only 20 days till my mexico trip!

No comments: