Saturday, March 20, 2010

Weekly Nutrition: Spring changes

I've craved fresh, raw fruits and vegetables since there have been signs of spring abound. So you can see more light, cool dishes in my meals this week.
1. 6 Egg whites, 2 handfuls spinach, 1 handful mushrooms
2. 1/2c Raw oats with almond milk, raisins and ground flax
3. 2c raw spinach, 1/2c rice and beans, vinaigrette
4. 2c raw veggies (mostly broccoli and carrots)
5. BIG bowl of salad including avocado and hemp hearts
Some treats over the week included:
Some almond-banana oat cookies, some trail mix, some gluten-free crackers and cheese. I had a treat just about every other day- just not tightening up my nutrition like I would like to. Not going to beat myself up about it because my workouts have been AWESOME, and included more HIIT circuit training c/o Jillian Michaels.

No comments: