Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Busy Hands, Busy Mind

My life is in a different sphere right now; my partner is in Las Vegas for a week and I am left with restless nights, and time on my hands. My care-taker personality is lost- absurdly out of control. Who can I channel all this energy towards? Who can I make breakfast- I'll take it over to Megan's! Doesn't my friend Irena need a casserole? Yes, she absolutely needs a huge casserole...PH! and Amber could use some cookies. STOP! How about taking care of yourself for a week?
I've gotten up every morning, and done a walking meditation on my treadmill. 45 min of incline walking at a very brisk pace (to do it yourself- put the treadmill on an incline of about 7, and speed of 3.5-4.0 mph). Concentrating on breathing, soft music, the river of thoughts in my head or this morning chanting I've gotten the activity I need with the clarity of spirit I often don't make time for. Also, I've included reading, for the first time, yoga publications. I picked up Yoga Fit and Yoga Journal when I was gasping for something to fill the void of time I have this week. Straying from my usual Oxygen mag addiction has had great payoffs. I'll share some insights soon. For now, I leave you with this meditative chant on Remembrance Day.
Om, Shanti, Shanti, Shantihi (Om, peace, peace, peace)

No comments: