Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Back and Biceps

Fresh Training: Back & Biceps Training
Workout time: 25 minutes
Wide-grip pulldowns: 4 sets x 6 reps x 80lbs (Heavy)
One-arm dumbbell rows: 4 sets x 15 reps x 12.5lbs each arm
Barbell curl: 4 sets x 6 reps x 30lbs
Concentration curl: 4 sets x 15 reps x 7.5lbs each arm
A great workout, and in and out of the gym in less than 30 minutes. I schedule my workouts in batch on Sundays, and I plan to do this split on days when I'm pressed for time.
Cardio: 30 min walk on treadmill 4.0 speed, 1% incline (decreasing incline to decrease muscle build-up in my legs and thighs)
This is the first day I've done two workouts in a day since beginning my new split program; I only did it because I have commitments this weekend so I can't do my Saturday cardio. Since I plan to do 3 cardio sessions a week, I move them around to ensure I get them in. Just because I can't get them in at the optimal time, doesn't mean I don't do them. This goes for daily timing as well; I believe that cardio is most effective in the morning on an empty stomach, but if I can't get out of bed to do it in the morning I don't let that stop me from doing it that day at all.

Meals Today:
1/8c creamy rice, 2T salba, 2T ground Flax, 6 egg whites, red pepper, tomatoe, 2c mate tea
3oz turkey burger patty, 1/2c rice and peas mix, 1t avocado spread (recipe later today)
3oz chicken breast, 1/2c rice and beans mix
3oz tuna, 8oz mixed raw vegetables
Supper- I don't know what I'll pick up at Planet Organic tonight, but it will be a nice treat- maybe some grilled tofu and a nice roasted vegetable salad. The meat-eater (husband) is out of town, so my suppers are mostly wonderful fresh vegetables.

Take good care of you today. You're all you've got.

No comments: