Wednesday, May 5, 2010

At Work Meals-How To

It's not easy packing your daily meals and snacks to work, to play, or on a road trip. A little planning and you'll find great success in your meals- committing even 1 hour on the weekend to some prep for the week will make your goals attainable. Here's a glimpse into how I use preparation on the weekend to create easy meals during the week.
1. Once home from the grocery store, immediately wash and cut your vegetables, and store. Then make a batch of hummus for the week. I divide the hummus into individual containers as I need it.
2. Next, just mix a bunch up into take-away containers for a couple days at a time. Here I've created two days' worth of veggie sticks to go. When they run out, I'll head back to my veg stash to make more. Also, the pre-cut and washed veg can be chopped for evening salads!
3. Lunch right now is a salad. So I create a protein combo on the weekend with a pot of rice, and some beans. This week I mixed them with Jalepeno peppers and some corn for the 'meat' of the salad for the entire week.
4.Thrown over some spinach, that concoction becomes my lunch for the day.
5. Then it's onto my morning snack- my beloved hot cereal, either oats or creamy rice. Every other day I make a pot of 2 servings, and divvy it up into two containers.
And that's it. I throw some Vega into a bottle every morning, and add it all together for my day's worth of healthy, whole foods. Wherever I go, my lunch bag goes with me.

No comments: