Thursday, August 13, 2009

Why Exercise Won't Make You Thin

Tosca Reno posted this link on her facebook page this morning and if I were a bat, and she the ball, this would have been a grand slam. Perfect execution of hitting it out of the park when the universe throws it your way. Time Magazine's article: Why Exercise Won't Make You Thin.
Read this article.
This summer, I've been enjoying workouts again, and recently I even strayed so far as to change my routine drastically. And by change I don't mean switching training splits, or exercises in total body routines. I mean, transforming my intention for exercise. Why do I exercise? It's moving away from striving to get into my size 10's again and toward heart health (Cardio), flexibility and strength (yoga and weights)- and most importantly working out because I feel like it. It's holistic and for betterment of my mind and body. And as a result my nutrition has changed to support that intention- I am naturally eating less and eating more vegetables, because I feel like it.
I don't know if I'm thinning down, but I know that I'm feeling balanced, clean and happy. So don't kill yourself in the gym and then go down a high calorie, high sugar protein shake or meal. It's my experience and it's referenced in the article above, that rest, movement rather than 'workouts' and pure food are the keys to your ultimate health.

No comments: